Saturday, April 11, 2015

Teaching Kindness

 My husband and I weren't going to send my almost 5 year old daughter to kindergarden this Monday. She was at the tail end of a slight cough almost fully recovered. We thought one more day of rest at home is all she needed. She woke up early and her daddy went into her room to snuggle. He told her "Brooke your going to stay home today with mommy". She was terribly upset. Brooke loves school. We live in Costa Rica and she goes to the public school where everyone speaks Spanish. Although she was born here her father and I are English spoken from the east coast of the states. She is doing very well learning Spanish but as you can imagine it must be frustrating not always be able to communicate with your classmates. Brooke is my high spirited, strong willed, warrior princess. So even though some days she comes home frustrated she is always excited to go back and do it all again. She loves school! She begged her dad to let her go to school. In a final plea she said "But, I have to go to school to teach those kids how to be nice!" That is my warrior princess who I am sure will accomplish amazing feats in her lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment